This from the Black Agenda Report, November 4:
Democratic propagandists and “frightened” leftists are desperate. They tell supporters and the public the republic will not survive another term of Donald Trump. They point to his despicable, racist descriptions of undocumented migrant workers from Mexico; his characterization of some global South nations; his misogyny; his crude white supremacy; authoritarian proclivities; and pathological dishonesty—among his many character flaws—as reasons he must be stopped …
… As the Biden and Trump drama plays out, we ask from our experiences some simple questions on what might happen when a victor emerges:
- Will either candidate really have the ability to restore the millions of jobs lost during the current economic crisis?
- Will the illegal subversion of Venezuela and Nicaragua stop, and the blockade of Cuba end?
- Will the prison-industrial complex that is housing ten of thousands of the Black and Brown economically redundant be closed?
- Will the charges be dropped against Edward Snowden and the extradition demand for Julian Assange end?
- Will Gaza continue to be the largest open-air prison on the planet?1
- Will the U.S. reverse its decision to deploy new intermediate-range missiles that will be equipped with nuclear warheads targeting Russia in Europe and China in the Asia-Pacific?2
- Will the Saudi and Obama-originated war on Yemen end?
- Will the U.S. settler-colonial state really defund the police and the military?
- This from the centrist Al-Monitor, November 6: “If Netanyahu were eligible to vote in the USA he would have voted for Trump. On the other hand, Netanyahu [may have] squeezed all he can from this US president and might prefer a first Biden term to a second Trump one. “A second-term president is dangerous,” a senior Israeli source told Al-Monitor on condition of anonymity. “Especially when that president is Trump who is unpredictable to begin with.”
- This from CounterPunch, November 6: “Failure to contain CV-19 has damaged U.S. standing. Meanwhile, China and Russia share vaccines. Cuba provides treatments but the U.S. turns its nose at Cuban medicine, even if more Americans die – this, though Cuba’s pharmacopeia appears superior. China sends doctors and medicines across the globe. Russia opts for sane herd immunity through vaccination … The Obama regime’s deplorable trade and military “pivot to China,” along with its sanctions against high-ranking Russians and Russian energy, financial and defense firms and the Trump regime’s provocations, sanctions and insults aimed at both countries have born fruit: There is talk of amilitary alliance between China and Russia. Both countries deny such is in the offing, but that it is even discussed reveals how effectively U.S. foreign policy has created and united enemies … China and Russia cannot ignore the advantage of teaming up in the face of U.S. hostility.”